Getting A Driver License in Texas

For those of you not a US citizen, obtaining a driver license in Texas will require specific documentation to show lawful presence. This documentation is required in addition to the usual documentation need for proof of identification and proof of residency.

You should also read the DPS Verifying Lawful Presence Guide


Lawful Permanent Residents will need green card and passport.


I-360 recipients will need to either wait for the EAD, or contact the local DPS Regional Victim Services Counselor for assistance.


The Dallas office is:

Victim Services Counselor
350 W. IH-30
Garland, Texas  75043
Office:  (214) 861-2485
Fax:  (214) 861-2486